Why choose Holdsafe?
Ease of implementation
- The only continuous solutions to disinfect handrails during regular operation, without risk, hindrance or inconvenience to the user.
- The fastest approach to implement a solution to eliminate pathogens and viruses on handrails in your location.
- Easy to install, maintain and operate. No escalator damage, or hinderance to the escalator structure.
- Suitable for ANY existing escalator or moving walkway. Regardless of the type of balustrade; glass, stainless steel or both.
- Flexible positioning to ensure safety switches and functions of existing escalators are not obstructed.
- No toxic or aggressive chemicals are used. No residual chemicals or damage to handrails. Only pathogen cells are attacked and neutralized by UV-C light.
- UV-C is the most effective method of surface disinfection - proven up to 98% effective in laboratory and medical studies against CoV viruses, bacteria and germs.
- HoldSafe has been proven effective in laboratory and real-world tests, proving up to 93% effective in eliminating pathogens on handrails with continuous use. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- UV-C has been proven effective in medical studies and for use in operating rooms and hospitals. Today UV-C is used more frequently in the medical market.
- Passed stringent safety requirements and testing, as well as independently reviewed for CE Compliance. No risk of entrapment, UV-C light leakage, impact damage or electrical distress
- Visible prompts to reassure your escalator and walkway users. Modern design, clear labelling and clear indication included. There will be no doubt that your escalator handrails are being actively disinfected
Yes. PürHealth has recently conducted proprietary testing in an accredited laboratory to validate the effectivness of our UV-C products against the SARS-CoV-2 virus which causes COVID-19. Our testing was also conducted on actual handrail material which provides the most realistic and representative validation of HoldSafe products.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Internal units will require qualified escaltor technicians. Your local codes and regulations will indicate your requirements. Once a location is accessed, the installation of the unit only takes around 20 minutes.
However, local city, state, or regional codes vary. Please verify with your regional authority, or equipment maintenance contractor.
We have estimated 45-60 minutes per unit.
This is a conservative estimate and with experience and planning we have seen this time below 40 minutes each unit. With 2 technicians working in tandem, time is greatly reduced.
These estimates are for a glass balustrade walkway or escalator, times will differ slightly for other variants, however the general process is the same.
There is no risk of UV light escaping the unit or creating unsafe exposure to the public. The HoldSafe unit uses UV-C LED light modules that are fully contained within the enclosure.
UV-C light is only exposed on the handrail within the unit. There is a non-UV blue indication lamp on the face plate of the external units to indicate that it is in operation.
Powered units will have an auto circuit cut-off if the escalator stops rotating
Units will immediately restart once the handrail is restarted. There is no battery or high capacity capacitor in the UV unit. There is no risk that it will operate during maintenance or other stoppage.
All units cannot function if removed from an operating handrail. Escalator shut-off is required for maintenance of the internal units.
No, there is no risk of any damage to the escalator. Units are installed with brackets and hardware that are removable.
UVC exposure to the handrail is only sufficient to penetrate the surface pathogenic matter. Standard handrails show no additional deterioration with UVC exposure. Most handrails have UV inhibitors in their composition to further protect their integrity.